This quiz tests listening comprehension with prepositions and linking words.
Instructions: Listen to each audio 1-20 and select the best choice A) B) C) or D).
NOTE: The sound of short whistle indicates the place for your choice.
11. Neither wealth nor fame makes me happy. I only want my freedom and privacy.
12. My grandfather turned up the volume of the TV in order to hear the news.
13. You can get over diseases such as the common cold without taking any medicine.
14. It is hard to get a good job unless you speak a second foreign language fluently as well as English.
15. The car looked all right apart from a few unimportant scratches.
16. Can you wash the dishes while I am doing the ironing?
17. It was snowing heavily, so we decided to cancel the trip.
18. The Johnsons have been living right above us since I was born.
19. Due to security reasons, you see cameras wherever you go in the city.
20. There is a lot of traffic on the roads due to the high number of people going on holiday these days.