This quiz tests listening comprehension.
Instructions: Listen to each audio 1-20 and select the best choice A) B) C) or D).
NOTE: The sound of short whistle indicates the place for your choice.
11. That is where they distill whisky.
12. That shop sells antique clothes, but they are well-made.
13. We've run out of sugar. Ask Mrs Helpful to lend us some.
14. Grain and coﬀee are major trading commodities.
15. When 1 pointed out that there was a small crack in one of the glasses, the shop gave me a 15% reduction on the set.
16. That old vase will make an attractive lamp-holder.
17. This fantastic new gadget has been selling like hot cakes.
18. Mr Critical assured me that he never bought products that were advertised on TV.
19. I must take this watch to be repaired; it gains over ten minutes a day.
20. New products are announced to the public on posters.