This quiz tests listening comprehension with some English widely used words.
Instructions: Listen to each audio 1-20 and select the best choice A) B) C) D) or E).
NOTE: The sound of short whistle indicates the position in the sentence to insert your choice.
They have had to agree to provide free lunches, but obviously, they have done so . Show/Hide Audio Script 1-20
1. The first great theorist of dramatic art was Aristo, whose of tragedy in “The Poetics” has dominated critical thought ever since.
2. Their state assets were to foreign capital at bargain prices.
3. The whole of society may suffer if its government is attacked; the entire body is harmed if the brain is damaged.
4. Osteoclasts are cells that bone in the normal course of bone replenishment.
5. The findings indicate that there is a lower of cancer among vegetarians.
6. Scientists are biotechnology to develop highly effective drugs in the fight against currently incurable diseases.
7. its focus on how language is used to achieve goals, discourse analysis may also be useful in exploring areas of persuasion, ideology, and conflict.
8. The relationship between smoking and lung cancer has been heatedly discussed for many years, but until recently the evidence about it has been both and conflicting.
9. Medical science is advancing at such a pace that it is virtually impossible to all the latest developments even within one's own specialist field.
10. Patients seeking to scars have several options, depending on the depth of the scar.
11. Atoms are of electrons and a nucleus containing protons and neutrons.
12. Visibility depends upon the concentration of water or dust particles in the air.
13. This magazine is designed to help satellite equipment buyers make more purchasing decisions and keep ahead of new developments.
14. He was discharged from the hospital but was advised to return after a month for further .
15. Science requires the testing of its ideas or theories to see if its predictions are by experiment.
16. Radioactivity was discovered in 1896 by Becquerel, who noticed that salts containing uranium radiations.
17. In the past, too, people relied on plant substances to a wide range of illnesses.
18. Some women are troubled with backache as they get older.
19. A poorly-planned vegetarian diet will typically be in iron, zinc and calcium.
20. The subject of statics is the calculation of the forces acting on and within structures that are in equilibrium.