Vocabulary advanced audio quiz-2
This quiz tests listening comprehension with some English widely used words.
Instructions: Listen to each audio 1-20 and select the best choice A) B) C) D) or E).
NOTE: The sound of short whistle indicates the position in the sentence to insert your choice.
Unfortunately, few children behave in such a manner towards the elderly and infirm.
Show/Hide Audio Script 1-20
1. Once the children have grown up I shall start
travelling again, and I'm really that.
2. The United Kingdom has made significant
contributions to the world economy, in
technology and industry.
3. Our challenge is to our clients with the best
possible advice and support, enabling them to take
the right direction at both strategic and operational
4. Since most of the world’s commercial apples lack
genetic diversity, they are unable to a disease
or a pest.
5. The 1990s have seen a general in aid to poor
countries, largely because of fiscal pressures in many
6. The whole business of having meals at fixed is
nothing but a social convention and, in modern life, a
matter of convenience.
7. The was not a happy one at the time, but
looking back on it I suppose I’m glad it occurred.
8. Questions of race, ethnicity, and religion have been a
source of conflict in American education.
9. The contemporary world economy differs from
what the traditional economic theorists of the 1930s
10. When the rate of exchange began to rise again, he
felt to call a meeting of the financial staff.
11. Since the 1950s modern dance in Europe and
America has a vigorous process of creativity.
12. The assassination by terrorists of Signor Aldo Moro,
five times Prime Minister of Italy, in May 1978 was
by everyone as an act of barbarism.
13. The recent economic figures that the country is slowly coming out of the crisis.
14. In recent years complex and persistent
problems in economic and social fields have led
people to wonder why once comfortable answers no
longer seem adequate to today’s questions.
15. I was greatly impressed by the way the judge
conducted the trial, when it came to summing
up the case.
16. Asthma is a common in which the airways lining
the lung become inflamed.
17. I was astonished to learn how such an experienced
man as Dr Foster could be by her tricks.
18. After that last incident, even the manager admits
that we can their services.
19. Because of their high toxic contents, none of these
chemicals can be permitted for export to any
20. People curious to get some idea of what it is like to
be black in a country by whites need look no
further than Dennis Williams’s new novel